BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

7.21.2008

Sleep Deprived

I am tired! Yep I said it...I need sleep. Not just any sleep, but 4 to 5 continuous hours would be heaven. I really started doing the math... I've been telling everyone he wakes up about every 3 to 4 hours to eat which is true, BUT...if it takes me anywhere from 30-45 minutes to feed him, change his diaper (and sometimes his clothes), get him back to sleep and pump, then I've lost an hour and he'll be up again in 2 very short hours. Yuck!

Since I tend to vent on the few baby blogs I have posted, I want to share my "happy thoughts" too. I promise they are here, even at the wee hours of the morning.

It's so great to be a mom, and I think I'm getting better at it every day. I am definitely getting better at understanding his cries, it sounds crazy at first, but it's true they do differ a little. Mason is so strong...he can hold his head up very well and can almost roll over completely over if he really tries. He is very much a wiggle worm. He is also developing such a cute personality. He is cooing more and gazes back so deeply into your eyes when you look at him. I thought he smiled back at me today, but I'd have to see it again to be convinced. It'll be way more fun when he can smile. Mason is defiant too. He hates to be swaddled or covered-up at all...he just kicks them off. Oh and when he's hungry, he wants to eat right then. He does not want to wait! It has been totally amazing getting to know him over the last 5 weeks. I love him so much.....even if he doesn't sleep too long!

0 comments: